Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 7 of Banneker Institute

Today after a long day of programming, I have realized that my code is faulty. Specifically the piece of code that makes a list of the in transit points and out of transit points. So the following plot is incorrect!!!


I noticed this error in my code after attempting to separate the planet's light curves and folding them. Luckily I noticed my mistake early, before having over 500 lines of Python code. My next task is to review my code for any other error, and figure out how to properly separate the planetary light curves.


"Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward."

-Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment