Thursday, June 25, 2015

Day 14 of Banneker Institute

I recalculated the number of bad points, aka outliers, from my data by using the normal distribution function.


 Where w is the number of sigma needed to remove 1 - 1/3366 data points, where 3366 is the number of data points in my raw data. I also recalculated the error bar of my light curves, and created to text files for each individual planet that includes the time, the unfolded flux, and the error bar. The next step is to import this files and then run the program that will calculate the eccentricity of the planets.


“Science is a way of life. Science is a perspective. Science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding in a manner that's precise, predictive and reliable - a transformation, for those lucky enough to experience it, that is empowering and emotional.”

-Brian Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment